The information in ISO/TS 16829:2017 covers all kinds of ultrasonic testing on components or complete manufactured structures for either correctness of geometry, for material properties (quality or defects), and for fabrication methodology (e.g. weld testing).
ISO/TS 16829:2017 enables the user, along with a customer specification, or a given test procedure or any standard or regulation to select:
- ultrasonic probes, probe systems and controlling sensors;
- manipulation systems including controls;
- electronic sub-systems for the transmission and reception of ultrasound;
- systems for data storage and display;
- systems and methods for evaluation and assessment of test results.
With regard to their performance, ISO/TS 16829:2017 also describes procedures for the verification of the performance of the selected test system.
- tests during the manufacturing process of products (stationary testing systems), and
- tests with mobile systems.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 28
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 135/SC 3 Ultrasonic testing
- ICS :
- 19.100 Non-destructive testing
Buy this standard
|std 1 145||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.