The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site.
ISO/IEC 29341-26-16:2017 is compliant with the . It defines a service type referred to herein as Presence service.
The Presence service is a UPnP service that allows control points, or better known as Telephony Control Points (TelCP), to manage presence information through a Telephony Server (TS) device or a Telephony Client (TC) device (in the role of UPnP server device for Presence service). This service provides control points with the following functionality:
- Presence of contacts, access the presence information of contacts, as provided by the UPnP Telephony Server device. Contacts referenced by the Presence service may be managed via PhoneManagement service and the Phone Data Model.
- Managing presence information, update the presence status stored in the TS;
This service does not provide the following functionality:
- To update the presence status of the local UPnP network, from the UPnP server device to remote presence servers (i.e. outside the local UPnP network).
- To retrieve the presence information of contacts from remote presence servers (i.e. outside the local UPnP network).
When the features provided by the Presence service are associated to the PhoneManagement features, then an integrated management of the address book and the presence of contacts in the address book can be delivered.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 34
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.200 Interface and interconnection equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.