ISO/IEC 24775-2:2014(E) defines the core architecture and protocols in SMI-S. The components of SMI-S architecture include:
- Transport - communicating management information between constituents of the management system;
- Health and fault management - detecting failures through monitoring the state of storage components;
- General information about the object model;
- Names - how SMI-S uses names to allow applications to correlate across SMI-S and to other standards;
- Standard messages - how exceptions are presented to client applications;
- Service discovery - techniques clients use to discover SMI-S services;
- Installation and upgrade - recommendations for implementations;
- Compliance - requirement for compliance to the standard. This International Standard, together with ISO/IEC 24775-1 and ISO/IEC 24775-2 to ISO/IEC 24775-8, replaces ISO/IEC 24775, second edition, published in 2011, and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- reorganization into eight parts;
- maturity identification using stages;
- and new profiles.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2014-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 170
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 25 Interconnection of information technology equipment
- ICS :
- 35.200 Interface and interconnection equipment
ISO/IEC 24775-2:2014Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.