ISO/TS 21219-15:2016 specifies the TPEG application: Traffic Event Compact (TEC). The TEC application has been specifically designed to support information about traffic events (e.g. road works, traffic jams). A specific form of traffic events are local hazard warnings which, being safety-related messages, are sent with high priority to warn a driver that may encounter dangerous situations (e.g. black-ice, accident beyond curves, obstacles on road, etc.) unexpectedly.
Generally, the Traffic Event Compact application is designed to allow receivers to
- ensure travel safety for the driver,
- enable the calculation of alternative routes,
- avoid delays (e.g. traffic jams),
- warn the driver of obstructions on route, and
- provide the driver with information on infrastructural problems (e.g. closed petrol stations, non-functioning emergency telephones).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 63
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems
Buy this standard
|std 1 178|
|std 2 178||Paper|