ISO/TR 945-3:2016 gives the designations, descriptions and reference micrographs of the matrix structures of cast irons.
It applies to the following types of cast irons:
- grey cast irons (Table 4.1);
- spheroidal graphite cast irons (Table 4.2);
- austenitic cast irons (Table 4.3);
- malleable cast irons (Table 4.4);
- compacted (vermicular) graphite cast irons (Table 4.5);
- ausferritic spheroidal graphite cast irons (Table 4.6);
- abrasion-resistant cast irons (Table 4.7).
Each matrix structure is defined with explanations and micrographs.
Unless otherwise stated in Clause 4, the micrographs shown correspond to samples etched with a solution of 2 % nitric acid in ethanol (Nital).
Buy this standard
|std 1 166|
|std 2 166||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.