ISO 22664:2013 specifies the telecommand (TC) space data link protocol. This protocol is a data link layer protocol (as defined in ISO/IEC 7498-1) intended for use over ground-to-space or space-to-space communications links by space missions.
ISO 22664:2013 defines the TC space data link protocol in terms of
- the services provided to the users of this protocol,
- the protocol data units employed by the protocol, and
- the procedures performed by the protocol.
It does not specify
- individual implementations or products,
- the implementation of service interfaces within real systems,
- the methods or technologies required to perform the procedures, or
- the management activities required to configure and control the protocol.