This document provides guidelines on alternative drinking water service (ADWS) provision during a crisis.
This document addresses:
a) ADWS principles and methods;
b) ADWS operational planning and implementation.
This document is not applicable to:
1) planned water supply interruptions forming part of drinking water utilities' normal operations;
NOTE However, many of the principles and methods described can be appropriate in such circumstances.
2) drinking water supplied for the ongoing operation of key establishments and facilities during a crisis, such as hospitals, homes for the aged, schools, reception facilities and vital plants;
3) water supplied for industrial, agricultural or commercial purposes;
4) water supplied to temporary settlements such as refugee camps;
5) the development and implementation of a crisis management system for water service, which is covered by ISO 24518 and ISO/TS 24520.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2020-04
Edition: 1Number of pages: 35
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 224 Drinking water, wastewater and stormwater systems and services
Buy this standard
|std 1 138||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 138||Paper|