ISO 10771-1:2015 specifies a method of fatigue testing the pressure-containing envelopes of components used in hydraulic fluid power systems under sustained steady cyclic internal pressure loads.
This part of ISO 10771 is only applicable to component pressure-containing envelopes that
- are manufactured from metals,
- are operated at temperatures that exclude creep and low-temperature embrittlement,
- are only subjected to pressure-induced stresses,
- are not subjected to loss of strength due to corrosion or other chemical action, and
- might include gaskets, seals, and other non-metallic components; however, these are not considered part of the pressure-containing envelope being tested (see 5.7).
ISO 10771-1:2015 does not apply to piping as defined in ISO 4413 (i.e. connectors, hose, tubing, pipe). See ISO 6803 and ISO 6605 for methods of fatigue testing of piping devices.
ISO 10771-1:2015 establishes a general test method that is applicable for many hydraulic fluid power components, but additional requirements or more specific methods that can be required for particular components are contained in the annexes or other standards.
Test pressure is to be determined by the user. See ISO/TR 10771‑2 for a possible rating method.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2015-08
Edition: 2Number of pages: 14
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 131/SC 8 Product testing
- ICS :
- 23.100.99 Other fluid power system components
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.