ISO 21528-1:2017 specifies a method, with enrichment, for the detection of Enterobacteriaceae. It is applicable to
- products intended for human consumption and the feeding of animals, and
- environmental samples in the area of primary production, food production and food handling.
This method is applicable
- when the microorganisms sought are expected to need resuscitation by enrichment, and
- when the number sought is expected to be below 100 per millilitre or per gram of test sample.
A limitation on the applicability of ISO 21528-1:2017 is imposed by the susceptibility of the method to a large degree of variability (see Clause 11).
NOTE Enumeration can be carried out by calculation of the most probable number (MPN) after incubation in liquid medium. See Annex A.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-06
Edition: 2Number of pages: 17
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 34/SC 9 Microbiology
- ICS :
- 07.100.30 Food microbiology
Buy this standard
|std 1 92||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.