This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 29109-8:2011 specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions, and test procedures as applicable to ISO/IEC 19794-8:2006.
- test assertions of the structure of the finger pattern skeletal data format as specified in ISO/IEC 19794-8:2006 (Type A Level 1 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009),
- test asssertions of internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field (Type A Level 2 as defined in ISO/IEC 29109-1:2009).
It does not establish
- test of conformance of Common Biometric Exchange Formats Framework (CBEFF) structures required by ISO/IEC 19794-8:2006,
- test of consistency with input biometric data record (Level 3),
- test of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g. acceptance, performance, robustness, security),
- test of conformance of systems that do not produce ISO/IEC 19794-8:2006 records.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 20
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.