This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017. Therefore this version remains current.
The previous edition of the standard exceptionally remains valid until 2033
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011 specifies iris image interchange formats for biometric enrolment, verification and identification systems. The image information might be stored as
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444, or
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444 that might be cropped around the iris, with the iris at the centre, and which might incorporate region-of-interest masking of non-iris regions.
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011 does not establish
- requirements on the optical specifications of cameras,
- requirements on photometric properties of iris images, or
- requirements on enrolment processes, workflow and use of iris equipment.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-10
Edition: 2Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011/Amd 1:2015Published
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011/Cor 1:2012Published
ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011/Amd 2:2016
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.