ISO 8969:2011 specifies test methods for determining the strength and stiffness of joints made with punched metal plate fasteners in load-bearing timber structures, as follows:
- load-slip characteristics and maximum load resulting from the lateral resistance of the embedded projections, at various angles between the direction of the applied force and
- the axis of the plate (load-plate angle, α),
- the direction of the grain of the timber (load-grain angle, θ);
- the tensile strength of the plate at various angles, α;
- the compression strength of the plate at various angles, α (optional test);
- the shear strength of the plate at various angles, α.
ISO 8969:2011 is linked to ISO 6891, which gives general test requirements.
In addition, a method for testing the nail root in alternate bending is specified in Annex A.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-11
Edition: 2Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 165 Timber structures
Buy this standard
|std 1 118|
|std 2 118||Paper|