ISO 24014-1:2007 provides the basis for the development of multi-operator/multi-service Interoperable public surface (including subways) transport Fare Management Systems (IFMSs) on a national and international level.
ISO 24014-1:2007 is applicable to bodies in public transport and related services which agree that their systems need to interoperate.
While ISO 24014-1:2007 does not imply that existing interoperable fare management systems need to be changed, it applies, so far as it is practically possible, to extensions of these.
ISO 24014-1:2007 covers the definition of a conceptual framework, which is independent of organisational and physical implementation. Any reference within ISO 24014-1:2007 to organisational or physical implementation is purely informative.
The objective of ISO 24014-1:2007 is to define a reference functional architecture for IFMSs and to identify the requirements that are relevant to ensure interoperability between several actors in the context of the use of electronic tickets.
The IFMS includes all the functions involved in the fare management process, such as
- management of Application;
- management of Products;
- security management;
- certification, registration and identification.
ISO 24014-1:2007 defines the following main elements:
- identification of the different functional entities in relation to the overall fare management system;
- a generic model of IFMS describing the logical and functional architecture and the interfaces within the system and with other IFMSs;
- use cases describing the interactions and data flows between the different functional entities;
- security requirements.
ISO 24014-1:2007 excludes consideration of
- the physical medium and its management;
- the technical aspects of the interface between the medium and the medium access device;
- the data exchanges between the medium and the medium access device, which are proposed by other standardisation committees;
- the financial aspects of fare management systems (e.g. customer payments, method of payment, settlement, apportionment, reconciliation).
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2007-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 63
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems