The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site
ISO/IEC TR 24714-1:2008 gives guidelines for the stages in the life cycle of a system's biometric and associated elements. This covers the following:
- the capture and design of initial requirements, including legal frameworks;
- development and deployment;
- operations, including enrolment and subsequent usage;
- interrelationships with other systems;
- related data storage and security of data;
- data updates and maintenance;
- training and awareness;
- system evaluation and audit;
- controlled system expiration.
The areas addressed are limited to the design and implementation of biometric technologies with respect to the following:
- legal and societal constraints on the use of biometric data;
- accessibility for the widest population;
- health and safety, addressing the concerns of users regarding direct potential hazards as well as the possibility of the misuse of inferred data from biometric information.
The intended audiences for ISO/IEC TR 24714-1:2008 are planners, implementers and system operators of biometric systems.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2008-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 24
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 Biometrics
- ICS :
- 35.020 Information technology (IT) in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124||Paper|
ISO/IEC TR 24714-1:2008
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Revised byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.