This International Standard specifies a system of classification of materials used in preformed gaskets for buildings. It applies to the following products:
- gaskets for use round the inside of door or window casings, i.e. weatherstripping (dynamic gaskets);
- gaskets for glazing (static gaskets);
- gaskets for use round infilling;
- gaskets for use between façade parts;
- gaskets for use between masonry walls.
In addition to specifying the characteristics required for the constituent materials, some functional tests on the gaskets themselves are specified. The corresponding test procedures are given in the annexes.
This International Standard applies to preformed gaskets made from vulcanized or thermoplastic rubber, whatever the material of which the structure intended to receive them is made. It also applies to preformed gaskets made of cellular rubber designed for use at temperatures between 20 °C and +55 °C and between 40 °C and +70 °C.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2002-09
Edition: 2Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 45/SC 4 Products (other than hoses)