The Organismo Salvadoreño de Normalización (OSN) is the National Standard Body of El Salvador, who has been created from the entry into force of the Law establishing the National System of Quality, published in the Official Journal of August 26, 2011.
The OSN is one of the authorities of quality infrastructure that will allow the insertion of the quality culture at all levels of national life, and convert to quality in the major requirement in the procurement of works, goods and services.
Main functions of the law, in the field of standardization and conformity assessment include:
- Develop, update, adopt, adapt, and publicize standards that facilitate conformity assessment, the development of productive sectors and provide the basis for improving the quality of products, processes and services.
- Promote the use of technical standards in close collaboration with Government, industry, education, professional associations and consumers sectors.
- Design and develop an annual program of standardization.
- Represent the country as a member of international and regional standardization organizations, as ISO and COPANT (Pan American Standards Commission)
- Develop conformity assessments in the country through certification of management systems, products and persons.
- Establish and manage marks of conformity with standards applied in voluntary or regulatory product certification schemes.
Organismo Salvadoreño de Normalización
1° Calle Poniente y final 41 av. Norte,
#18. Col Flor Blanca
Tel: +503 2590 5333
- Observing Member (3)