ISO 18442:2013 specifies extensions to the API needed for support of the Return All Frames (RAF) service defined in CCSDS 911.1-B-2.
ISO 18442:2013 defines extensions to the SLE API in terms of:
- the RAF-specific functionality provided by API components;
- the RAF-specific interfaces provided by API components; and
- the externally visible behavior associated with the RAF interfaces exported by the components.
It does not specify
- individual implementations or products;
- the internal design of the components; and
- the technology used for communications.
ISO 18442:2013 defines only interfaces and behavior that must be provided by implementations supporting the Return All Frames service in addition to the specification in CCSDS 914.0-M-1.